20080709

lifted

last night, i was reading (actually out loud, to my mom) from 1 john chapter 3, and the verses were speaking of how since we (Christians), are touched by God's love, it will show in our everyday lives, and if it does not, we are not of God. i was convicted. it really smacked me. i went back to re-read it for myself again in my room. a great friend of mine, a former teacher, once told me "if you are angry at someone, or need to forgive someone, but you can't do it, or you aren't ready, you must ask God to take it from you. Ask Him to change and mold your heart, so you are ready to forgive." i have been praying this for a long, long time, and last night i was able to give up that burden. i am sure i will struggle with it again, but i've given it up. i was praising God in my room, sitting on my bed, and not 2 minutes later my dad (how ironic) came in with some money for me for a new pair of running sneakers- an answer to prayer that's been a long time coming! so just praise God with me, y'all.

0 comments: