20080709

goals

i want

to meditate, so i can learn to be comfortable with the company of my own mind- and not try to tune it out with music, company, or books
to recognize my impulsive anger as something to be harnessed and pondered, before i decide to act upon it
to tame my spirited steed, and thus do away with much grief and stress in my little world
to be able to acknowledge damaging, negative thoughts as they enter my head, and then neatly dismiss them
to live in the present, presently aware of my body, my mind, and everything around me
to practice constant communion with God, instead of relegating Him to the few minutes before sleep
to relish and truly experience my food, instead of inhaling it
to work out smarter and push myself longer, but for the right reasons
to be a success in life, for God and for the world, not just my wallet
to have picture-book days and fairytale nights
to be a blessing to those who encounter me
to always remember there is more to life than my small, small world

...

a great text that has really helped in getting me through this week is where, in the Bible (not exactly sure what verse...?) Jesus says that whatever we do for "the least of these", we are doing for Him. exempting my mother, i will be honest and say i have a relatively low respect for the other members of my family, and this verse reminds me that no matter what i think of them, i should be a servant to them as if it were Jesus himself, sitting right in front of me. hope this help y'all too.

0 comments: