20080727

extra! extra!


see, it was really just the kindness of my heart that led to my untimely demise. i was baking pre-shaped cookies (a sin of the baking industry, if you ask me) for my family, and there was this runt. i mean, it barely survived the baking-sheet-to-cooling-cloth sojourn, and it lay there limply, nearly torn in two. it beckoned to me with its ooey-gooey center and just-crisped edges. and then, after a pregnant eternity...i gave in. i ate a whole cookie. and while most of you are out there rolling your eyes and such, those who know me know how monumental this is. i even poured a little glass of soymilk. i don;t even know how long it's been since i've eaten a whole cookie. i'll spare you the nutritional facts that i couldn't resist peeking at. this is the fall of the berlin wall. this is sliced bread. this is hiroshima. (ok, well, maybe not...you get the point)

0 comments: