20080725

biking:


the air was so refreshing, a calming caress on the cheek after so many hard dripping afternoons.
it was positively succulent, saturated with the sweet smell of green.
enjoy the sunshine, i told myself
don't work out
feel the pedals propel you foward
fell your hands flex on the handelbars
the wind at your face
the trail running at your back
i told myself
savor this


LISTENING:

the national
oh, the gentle yet insistent voice
tender, buttery-rich tender sexiness
and charming lyrics to match
that is the national
melancholy coaxing
perfectly suitable for any occasion or season (in my life, anyway)
it makes the colors dim
as sepia tints take over
and everything is mellowed
i watch from far away
as my life unfolds before me like an ancient film reel
that is the national's magic spell

listen



0 comments: