20080622

surreallistic

my life is surreal.
and i don't say that to be different, or unique, or validated.
almost every event of my day-to-day life these past few months could never have been predicted a year ago.
snapshots:
folding my mom's wheelchair and heaving it into the trunk of the car multiple times a day, for every excursion
going for a run with my ex-boyfriend (who i have managed to stay friends with, by God's plan) and another great high school friend
re-connecting with a girl who i believed had abandoned me
facing cancer (not my own, but another's)
being practically homeless
emptying my mother's bedside potty every night without a second thought
trying to run a household with no fixed income
sitting at a church potluck, surrounded by all the elderly ladies, truly blessed by their company (as opposed to sitting with other college-aged kids)

i do not list these things to bring forth pity.
i just have these moments where i step back, and shake my head
how did this happen? how did it come to this? where is it going from here?
and no one really has the answers

0 comments: