20080611

brighten my day

my love
the mini Pomeranian puppy, named charles, brought to a Bible study i accompanied my mother to this morning. a perfect ball of joy.

brighten my day
despite a recently turned ankle and shoes well past their prime, i decide to go running. i cannot lose my fitness. for my mother's sake, i compromise: alternate running a half-mile and walking a half-mile for 6 miles total. nearly as soon as i get outside, i as assaulted by the worst stomach cramps i have ever experienced. i did not even want to move. 2 hours later, i returned. my faithful companion: a single daisy, plucked from nearby a fresh-cut soccer field i stopped at, to jog the perimeter a few times, for nostalgia's sake. also, walking on the horse trails (because i feel angry at myself and lame for not running, and want to be more alone), i happen to cross a man, mid-fifties, paunchy, who smiled over at me and said a cheery evening hello, sans creeper-vibes. it made me glad.



hooray for another day, and for God's provision, coming when i least expect it, from the unlikeliest of places.

0 comments: