20081217




watching: across the universe. i'd been so excited to see this movie- i knew all the music before i even saw it last year- but then somehow i think i was disappointed? i didn't appreciate it as much the first time around. but i've been listening to a lot of the (wonderful) music again recently, and had a craving for the movie for over a week. so a few nights ago me and a friend took a study break to watch it. whether or not you like beatles music (if not, this movie might convert you), this movie gives a colorful (understatement. correction: psychadelic) presentation of 60's america. and, yes, it is hollywood-glamourized to an extent, but i think, given that factor, it does a competent job at showing the scope of that time period- the joy, the freshness, the horror of war, the anger, the disappointment and confusion, the sorrow, the hope, the love. yeah. it's fantastic. plus i'm an evan rachel wood fan, for sure.

...
Lady Wisdom says,
"my mouth chews and savors and relishes truth- i can't stand the taste of evil...prefer my life-disciplines over chasing after money, and God-knowledge over a lucrative carreer...but if you reject me, you damage your very soul"
Proverbs 8

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Far too contrived, I couldn't stand it. It's good music, I guess. Watch I'm Not There instead. Watch Once, even. At least that feels authentic, which it is.

Enjoy the holiday.

Susurrus said...

I LOVE THE QUOTE!!! mind if i steal it? cya in a day or two!