20091102

oh, stress

this picture is a submission to the postsecret project, and it perfectly describes how i feel about school much of the time

i'll be honest. all of this semester, i've been fuming, i'm in africa. why am i stuck in a classroom most of the time? why am i not outside, learning from people and experiences. that's what this semester is about, right?
i've been extremely frustrated with the way our classes are structured, besides the fact that theyre darn near pointless. i have learned so. much. more. from being out and about than i ever did in the calvin college classroom in the kwame nkrumah building.
i wanted to let yall know that these next two weeks wil be the climax of my stress. i already feel the weight of it quite physically. we have presentations, papers, projects, and all our exams in the next two weeks. pray for me.
i mention all this to 1. allow you to know my true feelings, 2. allow you to share my burdens, and 3. to try and sort things out in my mind, to give myself the composure to say
i need to take back my joy. this is my experience, my semester, and although i need to keep my scholarships, although i have major issues with the way academics are treated in this program,
this is my experience. this is my last month. and i want to enjoy it.
thank you very much.
im praying God will grant me the peace of mind to do so.

p.s.- if you don't follow postsecret, or you never read the little prince as a child, you're missing out. take the time to get caught up!

0 comments: