20090902

I have a bunch of photos to post, but yesterday was not the day. today may not be either.

Seeing Budapest pictures from the Hungary semester and just general conversations here have me still questioning myself on my decision to come. I wanted to be abroad so terribly, wanted to run, run away from the pace and atmosphere of Calvin's campus, and I achieved it. I'm here. And not to say I'm not enjoying my experience at all...I'm just questioning if this is really where I was meant to be, not just some outlet of my own frustration with my college experience thus far in Michigan. I'm here till December, regardless, and I'm sure this will benefit me and change me in various ways, but some days it's hard to be at all positive. Some days I don't want to immerse here because I don't feel any particular compulsion to, and I wonder what's going on without me, back in the States. It's more the sense of anticlimax than anything else that sends the self-doubt haunting me. I will try and take joy in parcels, as it comes, and if you are reading this, I just mean this as an honest confession. I'm still working through it.

Generally, I favor a blogging approach focusing on photos, with helpful storytelling captions. If I feel the urge, I may write at more length, but some others in my group already have that covered. For more detailed accounts and discussion, you can check Tom's thoughts over at Confessions of Inadequacy
and Miranda's over at where I wander
and Annica at annica's travels!

0 comments: