20080810

WATCHING:
smart people, with dennis quaid, sjp, and ellen page. familiar family-of-misfits vanilla plotline (although refreshing against a decidedly new-england old-school prep setting)...stunning, endearing performances all-around. worth seeing at least once just for ellen page...her character grew up far too fast, taking on responsibilities far beyond her years in the wake of a dead mother, and uses her general anality, sharp zinging wit, and indifferent air to push herself through life. i empathized with her greatly.
good movie.


...
i am feeling very restless here and i still have a week left, then another before michigan. not that i want to leave so badly, it's just...maybe the weight of the differences between myself and my (extended) family are more painfully obvious this time around. i get *looks* from my aunt multiple times a day just because of my eating habits...before i've even opened my mouth for conversation! and i miss my friends a great deal. i actually exercized out of boredom today- howabout that for crazy?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

let's be smart people, ok? ok.