20100709

unschooling: the only real option?

 [source]

ok, so I know this blog is everywhere, topic-wise. but so am I. it was in ghana, actually, at the u of ghana-accra library, that I happened upon a fascinating book about unschooling and alternative schooling movements. kids are something on the FAR horizon for me, personally, but I think the topic of unschooling is riveting. today I came across the blog Unscool Days, written by a former high school teacher who is now unschooling her own child. This post was her resignation letter from the high school job, and also is a sort of manifesto for why she believes unschooling is the only real option for society's children. Her writing is well-rounded, easy to understand, and I would dare say I agree with her on every point. Have a look.

0 comments: