20090208

"And now I'm back and the old rhythm must resume its pace. This January I remembered that learning can be a joy. This first week, that memory feels like a butterfly gripped in my hand; I can't grip it or it will be crushed, but if I do not concentrate on it, it will fly away again...the classroom may not always be inspiring, refreshing, and enlivening...but I'll know when I get my diploma that I have thrived because of and despite my classroom education. Forgive my moment of intellectual pride, but that's an accomplishment...So, professors, forgive me if my eyes occasionally glaze over or I let out a wistful sigh as I stare toward the window. I'm grasping at memories and searching for joy."

-From the Editor of the Chimes paper, Bethany Duemler, Feb. 5 2009. Bethany was my roommate during my interim in New England last month, and summs up many of our thoughts very well in this piece.
-postcard from postsecret.

0 comments: