20090128

beginning again

well, where do i start? i'm back from my off-campus interim in new england. the trip was absolutely wonderful, the profs and people great. we had dance parties in our hotel rooms and went through way too many historic house tours and ate tons of good food and read (and bought) many,many lovely books and walked across (frozen) walden pond and did many other things which i will not mention here. i have mixed feelings about being back...i sorely miss my group from new england, but i know my other friends need me. i have the messy task of trying to reconcile those two lives. my second semester, and my new job, starts on monday. i think for this blog i will resume my...whatever i do, my eclectic mix, and i might throw in journal entries and pictures from my trip on days when i am feeling particularly nostalgic. from fairly early on, i knew my goal would be to be and/or study off campus as much as possible, so it is always a letdown to be back. anyways, i am trying to be productive and reconnect with many people i left here. books post coming soon!

listening to: mos def, black on both sides cd. i don't really feel qualified to give a judgement on this music, but i'm pretty selective, and i like this cd. it's a much-needed change.

0 comments: